Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Stand affecting businesses and saving lives

What Happens When You Start Standing at the Workplace…

This article is about 2100 words (about 12 minutes read engaging your precious time) and is meant to help you redefine how you work and fantastic for your workplace if you want to be more productive, energetic and have more love& passion for your job.
This one caught our attention in year 2014 after reading so many great reviews and benefits from people who were already rocking it. See images below:

worktable1
(this guy (Archad) article at  arshadchowdury.com actually inspired us to try it out)
multidesk
           multidesk laptop stand
singledesk
  single-desk laptop stand

We eventually got a hold of it and changed our workplace look in January 2015 and now we have 13 of these standing work desk tables in our office.

What difference does this make and how is it any better for a personal or corporate setting?
In our corporate base, it’s a normal 9 – 5pm duty Mondays through Fridays, except for the executives who are committed with no time constraints, always available even during vacations – they are still communicating business.
The standing work table desk allows you to stand while working at your job and it has helped our company to be more productive. Everyone here is using it, even the CEO’s office.

How productive?
When our members of staff stand on their feet doing their jobs, we realized they were more hardworking, innovative and creative and they were better organized. Maybe there is a better correlation with the feet and the brains and the entire body system! We will research at it later and write an article on that.
There was no more lazing around and this was good for business.
We also discovered better fitness and health benefits as we saw improvement in postures as some of us walked and stood straighter than previous times; and in overall, the company got more at alert at work.
But resuming work between 9 – 5pm meant about 8 hours at the job, so we had to tactically schedule the hours so it won’t bite. Between 9am to 12 noon – all legs were on stand before this desk doing their jobs. 12 noon to 12.30pm, we were free to go sit if we needed to. And 12.30pm to 2.30pm – all legs were up again standing at work. Between 2.30pm to 4pm – we were all free to choose to sit if we wanted, we could move around, lounge together brainstorming, snacking, chatting, etc. all still centered on the business of the day. And 4pm to 5pm – we were all attentive on our feet rounding up for the day and when closing, we left the office more agile, active, and satisfied.
Being on our feet working has made us rely less on coffee to stay sharp and everyone now looks forward to a new day at the job more optimistic and energized.
Great for offices and homes, the standing work desk table aids to keep you on the healthy path as it helps heal back pains, waist pains, shoulder pains, arthritis, joint pains, leg pains, chest pains, etc. and provides/helps better stomach abs and improves posture and looks.


Remember we said earlier that we got inspired after reading articles on it. Below is an excerpt of it from Mr. Archad from arshadchowdury.com
IN HIS OWN WORDS from his site:

It has now been two years since I started using a standing desk at work. No matter how long my workday is, I stand at my computer. This means some days I stand over 10 hours, with the only breaks being when I nap, eat, or meditate.
I don’t have before and after blood tests or other objective metrics, but here’s my subjective experience. I cannot attribute all these changes to standing; I do a Power 20 workout every day. Nonetheless, I stand more than any other activity, so it probably shapes my body more than anything else.
Some things that I feared would happen did not actually happen.
  • I didn’t develop any knee, foot, back, or hip pains.
  • I don’t feel exhausted at the end of the day or week.
  • My productivity and ability to concentrate did not go down.
What did happen:
  • My posture improved. My neck and shoulders no longer pitch forward.
  • My legs became more muscular.
  • I no longer get back pain.
  • My work day involves a lot more movement.
Side Effects:
  • Negative: Sitting for more than 2 hours at a time is now mildly uncomfortable.
  • Positive: I get less frustrated when standing in lines or on the subway. I bet half the frustration of standing in line is caused by the fatigue of standing. I have none of that now.
Adjustments I made over the 2 years:
  • I used to stand on a thick pad wearing shoes with extra-padded soles. Now, any shoes will do, and no floor pad is needed.
  • I raised my computer 5 inches higher than when I first started because I was bending my head too far forward. My keyboard is now at chest level and my eyes are looking slightly downward at about 105º.
  • Instead of taking sitting breaks, I now take jumping-around breaks. A few hops actually revitalize my legs better than sitting down does.
Overall it has been wonderfully positive. After two years of doing it, I still heartily recommend a standing desk.

Hope you enjoyed this article! Please leave your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment